Benefits of Yoganize
Yoga practice is associated with unlimited benefits that encompass the physical, emotional, and ultimately the spiritual. Yoga is ultimately a breathing practice, accompanied by movement. The following is a limited list of benefits that one can obtain with a regular yoga routine:
- Improved flexibility and suppleness
- Increased strength
- Increased stamina
- Improved breathing - this leads to clarity and stillness of mind
- Stimulation of the Central Nervous System
- Stimulation of the Endocrine System
- Stimulation and toning of the internal systems - assists with cleansing and conditioning
- Enhancement of bodily processes - E.g. digestion, elimination
- Assists in the elimination of toxins from the internal organs
- Reduces anxiety, depression, emotional tension and mood swings
- Enhancement of balance - very important as we age
- Improves agility and grace
- Improves bone density thus helping to prevent osteoporosis
- Assists in alleviation or elimination of certain physical symptoms, e.g. headaches, backaches, PMS, asthma, stress, IBS, and insomnia
- Assists in the management of, or recovery from arthritis, HIV, cancer - and other degenerative diseases
- Promotes a generally more positive disposition as you enter a path of self-discovery and self-acceptance
- Yoga is a tool of transformation
Yoganize is taught in an atmosphere of love and compassion. Every student is treated as an individual with individual physical and emotional needs.
Classes are suitable for men and women of ALL ages and fitness levels. So forget about your age. Forget about your fitness level and let go of your preconceived idea of what yoga is about. Yoga is a non-competitive, personal and enjoyable activity that can produce truly amazing results. With commitment, time and effort, yoga can change you as much or as little as you desire.
At Yoganize, classes are prescriptive in nature. In other words, you will be educated in exactly how to work around any issues or physical limitations you might have. This takes time, attention to your own body - and patience, but if you learn to listen to the needs of your body, you should be able to eliminate pain and build up the strength necessary to overcome the physical issues we are trying to treat.
You will be encouraged to :
Work at your OWN pace - there is no need to compete or keep up with anyone else. We are ultimately working toward achieving the strongest and most flexible body that we are capable of developing within the restraints of our individual physical limitations
LISTEN to the needs of your body IN THIS MOMENT (our bodies change daily due to fluctuations in our biorhythms, sleep-quality, stress levels, etc.) So, it is necessary to understand that what we are able to do one day, is not necessarily what we will be able to accomplish the next day. In this way you are your own best doctor and you can prevent injuries to your body
STOP whenever you need to, for whatever reason
Honor any restriction within the body - if there is pain - STOP - there will be another exercise that will take the place of the one that is causing you pain
Ultimately we are aiming to grow old as gracefully and beautifully as we possibly can - and as naturally as possible. By toning and treating the internal organs as well as by working at a physical and emotional level, we ultimately increase our capacity for compassion, love and joy.
Copyright Yoganize LLC