The yoga therapy components of our courses are based on Yoganize and Yoga Therapy training, and are not derived from our status as an RYS® with the Yoga Alliance Registry.
The yoga therapy components of my instruction or practice are based on my personal experience & training, and are not derived from my status as an ERYT® with the Yoga Alliance Registry.
2016/7 Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)
Yoganize LLC is a Registered Yoga School (RYS 200) with the Yoga Alliance.
YTT 200 Hour
Who should attend? Prerequisite.
- If you have an interest in becoming a qualified yoga teacher specializing in the unique Yoganize style of yoga or you wish to teach yoga in a varied format.
- If you would like to learn more about yoga as a tool for transformation and harmony of mind, body and spirit. You may never wish to teach, but you will gain benefit from the insights obtained, so that your personal and home practice will be enhanced.
- You must have been in a regular yoga practice for a minimum of 6 months by the application date and 12 months prior to beginning the course.
The curriculum is comprehensive and includes,
- Yoga philosophy and lifestyle
- Ethical guidelines
- Asana and Pranayama
- Adjustments and modifications
- Yoga Nidra and relaxation techniques
- Alignment principles
- Business of yoga
- Professional practice and business ethics
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Styles and types of yoga
- Ancient texts and spiritual studies
- Thematic teaching
- Lesson planning and design
- Mindfulness and playfulness in practice
- Use of props
- Modifications for beginners
1. Complete the on-line application form by the due date.
2. You are required to pay the $250 application fee when you submit your application.
3. You will not be notified of your acceptance till your application fee is paid.
4. You will be notified by email whether you have been accepted.
5. Please pay the $500 course deposit within 5 days after receiving notification to secure your place on the course.
6. You will then be enrolled in the training course by Yoganize and notified that your place is secured.
7. You will be provided with the list of reading and study material after receipt of your deposit.
Cost & Payment
The course fee is $2,400. This excludes the cost of books, transportation, meals and accommodation.
An application fee of $250 is payable together with your application. The fee is applied to your course fee if you are accepted for the training course. The fee is refunded if you are not accepted.
A deposit of $500 is to be paid once you are accepted for the training. After acceptance into the training course and payment of the application fee and deposit, none of these payments are refundable.
The teacher training will be facilitated and directed by Karen Noonan (EYT-500). There may also be guest instructors and qualified professionals for the respective aspects of the curriculum.
Location, Schedule and Times
All training sessions are planned to be held at the Yoga East Studio and/or another location in the close vicinity.
Yoga East is located at 4510 Old Spartanburg Road, Taylors, SC, United States.
The course is for a total of 200 hours of training, which includes hands-on training, assignments and teaching practice.
The following dates are scheduled,
- Sunday October 9, 2016 - Sunday October 16, 2016
- Sunday, February 12, 2017 - Sunday February 19, 2017
- Sunday April 9, 2017 - Sunday April 16, 2017
Start and end times will be communicated directly to participants.