2019- 2020 Journey To Self 200 Hour Yoganize® YTT with Karen Noonan
Time & Location
About The Event
You are required to complete the online application form to be considered for acceptance in the teacher training program.
• Practice and teach yoga postures with safe and proper alignment.
• Creatively sequence your practice or your class
• Effective demonstration of poses
• Giving Verbal and Hands-On Adjustments of poses
• Use of Props
• Common Misalignments
• Introduction to asanas safe for pregnancy
• Creating intention (Sankalpa) and centering savasana
• Personal mentoring in small practice teaching groups
Pranayama & Meditation
• Fundamentals of Breathwork and meditation
• Moving prana/chi/ or life force energy through various energy practices, including qi gong, etc.
• Creating a home practice and making the time to make this a new habit
• Finding balance and centeredness in the midst of 'busyness'
• Experience Yoga Nidra
• Relaxation techniques
• Yoga Sutras
• The Chakra System
• Introduction to Meridians and nadis
• Bhagavad Gita
• The Yamas & The Niyamas
• Introduction to Ayurveda
Mantra and Mudra
Business & Ethics of Yoga
- Creating a sacred space
- Learn safe sequencing
- How to create unique classes
- Developing and using themes, affirmations and visualization
- Clear cues - expressing from the heart
- Designing music playlists
- Individualized mentoring and facilitation with supportive feedback
- Mindfulness and playfulness is explored through the poses
- Use of props and modifications for Beginners
Study Between Sessions:
Assignments are given between sessions to help integrate the teachings. This homework is an integral aspect to the overall experience and provides continued support as the learning process is taken home.
These assignments include a daily breathwork (pranayama), meditation, and asana, keeping a daily journal, checking in with training classmates weekly, observation of classes outside the training, practice teaching to family, friends, and/or students, required reading, written exercises and a take home exam.
Minimum of 1 year of Yoga experience with a steady practice over the last 6 months or by teacher's permission
A dedication to learn, grow, open your heart, and be coached
Acceptance into the program is based on approval of your application (if not approved, application fee will be refunded).
All payments to be paid by personal check or cash, please.
Early registration by August 1st 2019 (with $250 application fee included in price)
$500 Deposit on acceptance into program.
$250 application fee (to be submitted with application - will be applied to tuition OR returned if you are not accepted into training)
$500 Deposit (on acceptance into training)
Early-bird payment $2,200 (full payment by August 1st 2019) - Pay $1450
Early-bird 2 - $2250 (full payment by September1st 2019) - Pay $1500
Pre-payment: $2300 (full payment start date in October 1st 2019) - Pay $1550
Full price is $2,500, broken down into 7 payments...
$250 per month due at the beginning of each training session (October --->April - 7 payments of $250 each)
Balance of $250 due, and payable by personal check, by day one of each training session from October ----->April 2020.
Refunds to persons accepted into the program are as follows:
If you cancel more than seven days before the course begins, you will be refunded the amount paid minus a non-refundable $250 processing fee.
If you cancel less than 7 days before the program begins, refunds (minus a non-refundable $250 processing fee) are only issued if your space can be filled from a waiting list.
* In all cases a doctor's certificate is required.
* No refunds are issued once the course begins.
* Additional Costs: Accommodations, meals, travel, and required books.
*Address all questions to Karen@yoganize.com
Certification is based on attendance as well as performance and demonstration of your teaching ability, attitude, and satisfactory completion of all assignments and exams. To become certified in this course, you must demonstrate a basic understanding and integration of the asanas, philosophy, heart language, and other teaching methodologies.
Additional Certification Requirements:
Sign the code of ethics agreement.
Must be able to perform basic asanas with integration, precision, and heart. You need to be able to demonstrate the basic alignment principles and attitude in your own body.
Pass the written tests with a score of 80% or higher.
Successfully complete all homework and required reading.
Pay all fees and outstanding balances.
Must have full attendance, participation, and a yogic attitude
If you need to miss classes, these must be made up through private sessions at $65 per hour.
This course is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level. Once you become certified, you can register with the Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour level RYT. For an application, visit the Yoga Alliance Website.
October 4th - 6th
November 1st - 3rd
December 5th - 7th
January 10th - 12th
February 7th - 9th
March 6th - 8th
April 3rd - 5th
May 1st - 3rd
Fridays 5pm - 9pm (4)
Saturdays 9am - 7pm (10)
Sunday 9am - 5pm (8)
Classes held in Greer, SC.